April 25, 2012

Anzac Day Ride

Well, today I went for a really pleasant ride with my brother Ross, and I have to say I had a blast.  :)  I may not be blitzing the tarmac at race speed, but I most assuredly had a very enjoyable ride on some roads that are frankly an absolute delight.

The weather wasn't ideal, it was a tad cold and there was the odd spit of rain about, but on the whole it was far from the inclement wet-weather riding experience I was expecting.

In particular the road from Woodend to Daylesford is a beauty with some lovely sweeping bends, and fantastic scenery, and it is a trip I can see myself doing regularly.  Stopping for a coffee in Daylesford (or maybe Glenlyon to switch it up) is an added bonus.


http://g.co/maps/b6vnb

This, I have to say, is about as much fun as you can have on wheels I reckon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment